For instructions on how to print and construct your daily zine, see How to construct your zine per diem.

Labels

zine (138) fiction (34) prose (23) list (13) paint chip (9) birthday (7) how-to (7) poetry (7) craft (2) events (2) geocaching (2) self-publishing (2) Pearl (1) album (1) fiction paint ship (1) gardening (1) guest zine (1) programming (1)

About Me

Followers

Monday, April 19, 2010

A kind of introduction

Hello and welcome to Zine per diem, a blog dedicated to documenting my new personal resolution: I challenge myself to to produce a quotidian zine for a whole year. If I'm successful, I'll keep on going. Who knows, perhaps I'll keep making a zine a day for a decade! But let's not let me get ahead of myself.

Take a look at my original blog post if you would like to learn how a friend's housefire led to Zine per diem. The progression is fairly logical, I swear!

If you'd like to see how easy it is to make a little zine of your very own, take a look at SamProof's YouTube video (it's the same one I linked in the above blog post, so if you watched it there then don't worry):



I'm really excited to come up with a format that I can use to upload each zine that I make so that y'all can print and construct any and all of them for your viewing pleasure. Alas, it's never so simple as scanning and posting. Nonetheless, I shall endeavour to come up with a workable format ASAP.

I was going to set a collection of rules and limitations, but then I realised I was working against myself - the entire point of this challenge is to foster creativity, not to force conformity to arbitrary rules. The single rule is that I produce some kind of zine every day.

In the future I hope to collect various zine-related info and create feature posts as well, but there's too far in the future for me to think about while still struggling with my first serious full-time job. But the thought is there, marinating away.

I'm keen to get moving on beautifying this blog, so here I will leave it. I look forward to posting a zine per diem from now until the foreseeable future. Au revoir!

~Jessica

*This post was written in cranky spirit as I had already composed it and was just about to post when my phone checked a tantrum and deleted it completely.

0 comments: